Skip to main content

Songs for the Grand Summoner



The Summoner’s Path came out last week and I just can’t let anymore time pass without giving you the playlist that helped me bring Dre’Kariston and Somerly’s story to life. Their path was definitely a windy road but thankfully they found their way to love while only giving their storyteller a few gray hairs.

I haven’t been writing these blog posts as often as I did when I first started. As much as I would like to keep you in the loop with all that is going on in my exciting and fantastical life, the truth is I’m kind of boring. My best friend is coming to visit our new house in Nevada at the very end of February, so I’ve been knee deep in painting and picking out furniture. We brought nothing with us from Maryland but our clothes, precious treasures, and computers. So, we had a lot to do with the house and we put it off when we first got here only buying the essentials. (We got some potentially worrisome news in regards to his health last night so if you want to send some random happy thoughts his way that would be great!)

The house is looking much better now but we still have a couple more weekends of paint to get through. We only do a wall or two a weekend because we hate everything about it and we’re not as young as we used to be. During the week, I’ve been either working on a book or researching for a future one. I swore I was going to add any new couples, but I have no spine, so I relented.

There are now two additions to the list and the first was is a fun shifter story while the other is a mix of sorcery and shifting. That one came to life in a rather interesting way. I was reading Resurrection of the Fallen last week and I thought about how much fun it was to write the first half of it which for anyone that hasn’t read it is historical. I can’t and won’t ever redo the exact construction of that book again. It’s Drystan and Conley’s story and I refuse to replicate any couple or follow any kind of formula when I’m creating but I thought of a way that would allow me to have a historical aspect play a bigger part of a story instead of just a chapter or two which you might get at the start of any random D’Vaire book.

I’d like this one to take place in a different time and place in history, so I’m knee deep in reference books to decide where and when these two belong. My to-write list is long and it’s in constant flux so who knows exactly this couple will fall but I will get there! I’m over forty percent through my current project and the next two guys are set in stone. Anyway, since I’m too mean to give you any more details than that, here’s the aforementioned playlist for the Grand Summoner and his dragon:

“In the Air Tonight” by Phil Collins
“In the Air Tonight” by In This Moment (this song is so good and fits so well why not have two different versions of it? Lol!)
“Incomplete” by Backstreet Boys
“Take A Bow” by Leona Lewis
“Angels” by Within Temptation
“The Past (feat. Chris Daughtry)” by Sevendust
“Apologize” by Within Temptation
“Iron” by Within Temptation
“Chances” by Air Supply

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching up!

It’s been six months since I wrote a blog post. I didn’t intend to stop writing them for so long, but life got in the way. Between struggles with a lack of creativity and some minor medical issues, I’m trying to work my way back to writing daily. But I did finally finish a book!  At the start of the year, I was burned out and wasn’t sure how to get my guys to talk to me again. I’ve mentioned before that I have OCD. I also struggle with depression. This year my doctor and I decided medication was a necessity. It has helped. So has balancing out my other health struggles and my ever-changing role as a spouse to someone with primary progressive multiple sclerosis and Sjogren’s syndrome.  This time of year, I always try to send my editor my dates for the following year. I decided to commit myself to fewer releases in 2024. I’m going to put out five novels and a short story. The biggest change is that they won’t all be D’Vaire books. To find some inspiration, I had to take a huge step back

This one is a bit short...

Five weeks ago, I sprained my finger and unfortunately, the tears in my collateral ligaments are still healing. I’m back at the orthopedist at the end of the month to check on it and with some luck, I’ll get to stop wearing the straps anchoring it soon. As you can imagine, it’s limiting my time on the computer. But I'm squeezing in as much writing and editing as I can. It was great to finally return to the D’Vaire household with Scales and Stone, and we’ll be there again for the next edition to the series, which is a holiday story. In my Facebook group, I’ll reveal the first hint about what to expect from the D’Vaires and their loved ones tomorrow morning. Although I’d hoped to be finished with a book by now, I’m still plugging away at it. The characters are being patient with me, which I appreciate. Like Scales and Stone, it takes place at the D’Vaire mansion, and it’s been fun to hang out with some of my favorite people. At this point, I’m still paranoid about whether these

Twists and turns

Shadowy Illusions was a fun, but emotional project, and I'm thrilled that Amaury was so insistent on telling his story. He definitely deserves a happily ever after, and so do his mates. After spending a few months hanging out with the Gennevioses, I enjoyed them, but I was ready to move on.  I’ve spoken several times now in my Facebook group about how many of the books this year contain characters that came into my head long before the D’Vaire series planted its roots in my brain. I'm not sure why they chose now to demand things, but I was happy to oblige. The next book is the last of those…at least for now, because I have a ton of old stories, and I certainly can’t predict who is going to jump in and request a story next.  Unlike Matebond Dance and Deliciously Enchanted , where the stories paralleled their original tales, the couple coming next barely resemble their foundational characters. Their story has edged its way near the top of the list of books I love most. It featur