Skip to main content

Fa La La La with Aleksanta

Letters to Aleksanta was released last week and became the first D’Vaire book to garner one of the coveted best seller banners on Amazon! I have the most incredible readers and I’m so grateful to you for not just wanting to read that fun short story, but for the fourteen books we’ve journeyed through together. I have no plans on letting D’Vaire stop or slow down, so there’s plenty more to come.

For my first short story, I got to step into Aleksander’s shoes for more than one chapter as I’ve done in some of the other books. I think that might’ve been what propelled me to spend my summer writing his full-length novel. I wrote Letters to Aleksanta last year around the holidays and I can hardly believe we’re nearing the end of 2019. And, even scarier, the end of a decade. Time truly does move incredibly fast. Those of you that follow this blog know that it was kind of a rough one for me, and as Christmas fast approaches, I grow more saddened by the wonderful woman who I won’t get to share it with for the first time in over a decade and a half. I’m still flying to Minnesota though; we’re determined to have a joyous visit, but I know there are going to be tears too. But that’s okay, because I’m sure the happy will outweigh the sad just as she would’ve wanted it.

I know whenever I finish a book, the next thing I want to know is when the next one is coming out! There’s not going to be a long wait this time around, Dravyn’s Garden will be available in mid-January and those of you who are in my Facebook group, Jessamyn’s Ruffians can look forward to plenty of teasers as the release gets closer. If you haven’t joined yet, I hope you will. You can find us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/jessamynsruffians/

A few weeks ago, I let my Ruffians know that I was working on Renny’s book. I started out with a lot of excitement, but it has been an ordeal. This is the second time I’ve tried to bring his story to you and once again I find myself with little choice but to set it aside. I’ve wasted several weeks with little to show for it and for whatever reason, our Grand Warlock Familiar just isn’t ready. It wasn’t easy to make that decision, but I’ve tried everything I can think of to move forward and it’s been to no avail.
I don’t know what’s wrong this time around. His mate seems a good match (unlike the first try), but perhaps there must be something I’m missing. Please don’t think I’m not going to return to his project. I have every intention of doing so. I’m hoping that just me working on someone else will get the creative juices flowing in Renny’s direction again, but I can’t promise that will happen right away.

I’ve barely started the outline for the couple that have jumped up and down when they found an opening in my head so I’m not ready to share who it is just yet. This particular project was slated to happen two books from now (the novel after Renny’s is intrinsically linked with his plotline so it must follow him) and represents something new for the world of D’Vaire that I think will be really fun. I’m going to dive in and give you details as soon as I have a better grasp if this is going to work or if Renny’s going to drag me back into his story. 

There’s a lengthy playlist for Letters to Aleksanta and it’s all my favorite holiday music. Enjoy and Happy Holidays to you and yours

"Christmas Canon" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
"Deck the Halls" by John Denver & The Muppets
"Don Oíche Úd I MBeithil (That Night in Bethlehem)" by Celtic Woman
"Do They Know It's Christmas" by Band Aid
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLachlan
"Gounod's Ave Maria" by Barbra Streisand
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by Nox Arcana
"Il Est Né, Le Divin Enfant/Processional/Bourree" by Magical Strings
"Mary Did You Know" by Billy Dean & David Pack
"O Come, O Come Emmanuel" by Enya
"Oíche Chiún (Silent Night)" by Enya
"Solitude" by Nox Arcana
"Veni, Veni, Emmanuel" by Nox Arcana
"We Wish You a Merry Christmas" by John Denver & The Muppets
"Twelve Days of Christmas" by John Denver & The Muppets
"Silent Night" by Celtic Woman
"Winter Solstice" by Dordán
"What Child Is This" by Jessica Simpson
"You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch" by Jim Carrey
"Ave Maria" by Josh Groban
"O Holy Night" by Josh Groban
"O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" by Tarja
"O Tannenbaum" by Tarja
"Deck the Halls" by Tarja
"We Three Kings" by Tarja
"Amazing Grace" by Tarja
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by Tarja
"Feliz Navidad" by Tarja
"What Child Is This" by Tarja
"We Wish You a Merry Christmas" by Tarja
"Last Christmas" by Wham!
"Adeste Fideles (O Come, All Ye Faithful)" by Andrea Bocelli
"Winter 'The Four Seasons'" by Baroque Ensemble of Vienna
"Little Saint Nick" by The Beach Boys
"Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth" by Bing Crosby & David Bowie
"White Christmas (1947 Single Version)" by Bing Crosby
"Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms
"A Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives
"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" by Burl Ives
"Merry Christmas Darling" by Carpenters
"Carol of the Bells" by Celtic Woman
"Joy to the World" by Charlotte Church & Sian Edwards
"Blue Christmas" by Elvis Presley
"Where Are You Christmas" by Faith Hill
"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Frank Sinatra
"Silver Bells" by Harry Connick, Jr.
"Frosty the Snowman" by Harry Connick, Jr.
"Santa Claus Is Coming to Town" by Harry Connick, Jr.
"(It Must Have Been Ol') Santa Claus" by Harry Connick, Jr.
"It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" by Harry Connick, Jr.
"O Holy Night" by Il Divo
"Ave Maria" by Il Divo
"The Little Drummer Boy" by Jessica Simpson & Ashlee Simpson
"The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Johnny Mathis
"What Child Is This" by Josh Groban
"Believe" by Josh Groban
"O Come All Ye Faithful" by Josh Groban
"It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" by Josh Groban
"Petit Papa Noël" by Josh Groban
"Little Drummer Boy" by Josh Groban Feat. Andy McKee
"O Holy Night" by Mariah Carey
"Hark! The Herald Angels Sing/Gloria (In Excelsis Deo)" by Mariah Carey
"Joy to the World" by Moya Brennan
"Carol of the Bells" by Mormon Tabernacle Choir
"The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)" by Nat "King" Cole
"You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch" by Thurl Ravenscroft
"Feliz Navidad" by José Feliciano

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This one is a bit short...

Five weeks ago, I sprained my finger and unfortunately, the tears in my collateral ligaments are still healing. I’m back at the orthopedist at the end of the month to check on it and with some luck, I’ll get to stop wearing the straps anchoring it soon. As you can imagine, it’s limiting my time on the computer. But I'm squeezing in as much writing and editing as I can. It was great to finally return to the D’Vaire household with Scales and Stone, and we’ll be there again for the next edition to the series, which is a holiday story. In my Facebook group, I’ll reveal the first hint about what to expect from the D’Vaires and their loved ones tomorrow morning. Although I’d hoped to be finished with a book by now, I’m still plugging away at it. The characters are being patient with me, which I appreciate. Like Scales and Stone, it takes place at the D’Vaire mansion, and it’s been fun to hang out with some of my favorite people. At this point, I’m still paranoid about whether these

Catching up!

It’s been six months since I wrote a blog post. I didn’t intend to stop writing them for so long, but life got in the way. Between struggles with a lack of creativity and some minor medical issues, I’m trying to work my way back to writing daily. But I did finally finish a book!  At the start of the year, I was burned out and wasn’t sure how to get my guys to talk to me again. I’ve mentioned before that I have OCD. I also struggle with depression. This year my doctor and I decided medication was a necessity. It has helped. So has balancing out my other health struggles and my ever-changing role as a spouse to someone with primary progressive multiple sclerosis and Sjogren’s syndrome.  This time of year, I always try to send my editor my dates for the following year. I decided to commit myself to fewer releases in 2024. I’m going to put out five novels and a short story. The biggest change is that they won’t all be D’Vaire books. To find some inspiration, I had to take a huge step back

Twists and turns

Shadowy Illusions was a fun, but emotional project, and I'm thrilled that Amaury was so insistent on telling his story. He definitely deserves a happily ever after, and so do his mates. After spending a few months hanging out with the Gennevioses, I enjoyed them, but I was ready to move on.  I’ve spoken several times now in my Facebook group about how many of the books this year contain characters that came into my head long before the D’Vaire series planted its roots in my brain. I'm not sure why they chose now to demand things, but I was happy to oblige. The next book is the last of those…at least for now, because I have a ton of old stories, and I certainly can’t predict who is going to jump in and request a story next.  Unlike Matebond Dance and Deliciously Enchanted , where the stories paralleled their original tales, the couple coming next barely resemble their foundational characters. Their story has edged its way near the top of the list of books I love most. It featur