Skip to main content

2020: Dravyn, Killian, and the crazy D'Vaire sandbox

I hope everyone enjoyed Dravyn and Killian’s story as much as I did putting it together. Some couples practically write themselves and these guys were definitely in that category. They surprised me throughout as well. I always had the idea that Dravyn was shyer and less straightforward in the way he demanded Killian get his shit together. And while I always knew Killian had secrets, he was more unwilling to put the stitch the pieces of his life back in place than I would’ve guessed. They’re super proud of the orange banner their book earned, and I want to thank you for giving them so much love.

It’s inevitable that once a book comes out, the next question is about what’s next. In March, you’ll finally get to see what Fate has in store for Imperial Duke Damian Draconis in Imperial Twist. After a couple of books that have taken place in the Draconis condo, he’s certainly ready for his turn. You'll get to read it in mid-March.

If you’ve read my blog before, you might be aware that there have been some issues with certain characters as I’ve tried to put together new titles for you. I was forced to set aside Renny’s book and I turned to another project in the D’Vaire universe. I’m entering the home stretch of the story of two men who haven’t been timid about revealing everything about them. (Book 20 of the series! I can hardly believe we're this far in!) When I’m done and we get closer to their release date I’ll give you more details about who they might be. (Yeah, that probably means you've met at least one or perhaps both) 😏

I’ve always been reluctant to say anything about an unfinished couple and thanks to Renny and his mate’s shenanigans I’m even more afraid to promise something I might not be able to deliver so that’s my reason for holding my cards so close to my chest. I thought I’d be done by now but catching a dreaded cold which as normal for me flowed into a sinus infection kept me away from my computer for far too many days. Thankfully I’m back to my normal self again!

I had several decisions to make when I had Renny and his other half were put on the back burner. What did it mean for the timeline? Did I write this book with plans to keep it further down the list with the anticipation that Renny was going to get his finished right after? Because of a story arch that starts in Renny’s book and flows into the next couple, it would mean shoving it down at least two. There was also some shuffling into my editing schedule allowing me the luxury of getting more titles out to you. So, I flipped Heart of the High King and Lich Hollow and my current title will be added to the list once it’s completed. It’ll be the last one published in 2020 and it actually takes place in the D’Vaire world concurrently with Heart of the High King. That’s unusual for the series but wound up being the best solution for all the guys involved.

As for Renny, it’s my hope that I can pick up where I left off. He’s my next project once again so keep your fingers crossed he and his mate behave. After that I will likely dive into a short story for Aleksander and his other half that will be out in 2021 mostly because apparently getting an epic book wasn’t enough for these two. They’re demanding more time in my brain and I have to say I kind of love it. Don’t be surprised if they keep this up in the future. I certainly won't be fighting them to stop. If Renny promises to be difficult again, this short story will be pushed later in the year and I'll go straight into another novel. There are so many guys in the D'Vaire world waiting and I'm never short on couples so hopefully you're interesting in what for me is a delightfully never-ending series.

Finally, for those interested in paperback versions of the books, I am still working on my backlist and recently added Vengeance from the Dark to Amazon. And, if you want to stay current with news and other fun D'Vaire stuff, be sure and join my Facebook group, Jessamyn's Ruffians!

Below is the playlist for Dravyn’s Garden:

“How Deep Is Your Love” by the Bee Gees
“Cryin’” by Aerosmith
“I Waited for You” by Valora
“Blowing Kisses In the Wind” by Paula Abdul
“You’ll See” by Madonna
“Watercolours In the Rain” by Roxette
“What Kind of Fool (Duet with Barry Gibb)” by Barbra Streisand
“Lesson Learned” by My Indigo
“In Your Eyes” by Peter Gabriel
“The Rose” by Bette Midler
“Main Title” by Trevor Jones (The Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack)
“Elk Hunt” by Trevor Jones (The Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack)
“The Kiss” by Trevor Jones (The Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack)
“Promentory” by Trevor Jones (The Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack)
“Munro’s Office/Stockade” by Trevor Jones (The Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack)
“Massacre/Canoes” by Trevor Jones (The Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack)
“Top of the World” by Trevor Jones (The Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack)
“The Long and Winding Road” by The Beatles
“I Don’t Care (feat. Adam Gontier) by Apocalyptica
“More of You” by Josh Groban
“Walk on Water (feat. Beyoncé) by Eminem
“River (feat. Ed Sheeran) by Eminem
“Better Be Good to Me” by Tina Turner
“Amazing” by Aerosmith
“Fighter” by Christina Aguilera
“Holding Out for a Hero” by Bonnie Tyler
“Remedy” by Adele
“Blood Brothers” by Iron Maiden
“Until Then…” by Sully Erna & Irina Chirkova
“You Don’t Bring Me Flowers” by Neil Diamond & Barbra Streisand

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This one is a bit short...

Five weeks ago, I sprained my finger and unfortunately, the tears in my collateral ligaments are still healing. I’m back at the orthopedist at the end of the month to check on it and with some luck, I’ll get to stop wearing the straps anchoring it soon. As you can imagine, it’s limiting my time on the computer. But I'm squeezing in as much writing and editing as I can. It was great to finally return to the D’Vaire household with Scales and Stone, and we’ll be there again for the next edition to the series, which is a holiday story. In my Facebook group, I’ll reveal the first hint about what to expect from the D’Vaires and their loved ones tomorrow morning. Although I’d hoped to be finished with a book by now, I’m still plugging away at it. The characters are being patient with me, which I appreciate. Like Scales and Stone, it takes place at the D’Vaire mansion, and it’s been fun to hang out with some of my favorite people. At this point, I’m still paranoid about whether these

Catching up!

It’s been six months since I wrote a blog post. I didn’t intend to stop writing them for so long, but life got in the way. Between struggles with a lack of creativity and some minor medical issues, I’m trying to work my way back to writing daily. But I did finally finish a book!  At the start of the year, I was burned out and wasn’t sure how to get my guys to talk to me again. I’ve mentioned before that I have OCD. I also struggle with depression. This year my doctor and I decided medication was a necessity. It has helped. So has balancing out my other health struggles and my ever-changing role as a spouse to someone with primary progressive multiple sclerosis and Sjogren’s syndrome.  This time of year, I always try to send my editor my dates for the following year. I decided to commit myself to fewer releases in 2024. I’m going to put out five novels and a short story. The biggest change is that they won’t all be D’Vaire books. To find some inspiration, I had to take a huge step back

Twists and turns

Shadowy Illusions was a fun, but emotional project, and I'm thrilled that Amaury was so insistent on telling his story. He definitely deserves a happily ever after, and so do his mates. After spending a few months hanging out with the Gennevioses, I enjoyed them, but I was ready to move on.  I’ve spoken several times now in my Facebook group about how many of the books this year contain characters that came into my head long before the D’Vaire series planted its roots in my brain. I'm not sure why they chose now to demand things, but I was happy to oblige. The next book is the last of those…at least for now, because I have a ton of old stories, and I certainly can’t predict who is going to jump in and request a story next.  Unlike Matebond Dance and Deliciously Enchanted , where the stories paralleled their original tales, the couple coming next barely resemble their foundational characters. Their story has edged its way near the top of the list of books I love most. It featur