Skip to main content

One bear book wasn't enough...

I feel like the past month or so has raced by and for me, it’s been a productive couple of weeks. Since I like to plan ahead, I’ve already ordered my 2022 planner and am finalizing my publishing schedule with my editor. We’ll get more into that when we get further into the year, but there is plenty more D’Vaire on the horizon!

I changed how I do things this year and so far my experiment is working out great. It’s helping me create a balance between writing and all the things I prefer to avoid when I’m in the middle of a book. It's also giving me plenty of space to develop things fully, so I can focus on every detail. I also need breaks from books to breathe a little and recharge my batteries. 

Although I know some mate match ups that I haven't written yet, I've worked my way through all the plots I've already developed, so my guys require time and coaxing to tell me everything. Speaking of stories, I’ve passed the three quarters mark in my current project. When I finished the last one, I had two characters barge into my head. Both guys are already in the series, and at first, I was confused. 

One of them has been through a litany of mates and keeping tossing them aside like broken dolls while the other has been too painfully stubborn to even let me inside his thoughts. Then the lightbulb finally clicked on and I realized these two were perfect for each other. To my relief, they agreed, and I wanted to charge ahead. But after a couple of days of toying with a rough outline that never got beyond my head, they decided they weren’t quite ready. I wasn’t discouraged though because I love the match up and I know they’ll be back, they’re kind of crazy about each other already.

It left me unsure what the hell I was going to do. I was begging those in the D’Vaire universe whose mates I know to speak up and get bonded already, but they were ignoring me. Two complete newcomers came out of nowhere, and I think I fell as hard and fast for them as they did for each other. I’m enjoying working with them to develop their story and as always they're throwing in a few surprises for me. I’d have to qualify theirs as one of the fluffier D’Vaire books, though I really hate categorizing or labeling anything. 

I needed something pretty, though. I’ve experienced varying stages of burnout for the past year and have grown increasingly discouraged by my lack of enthusiasm for the world I created. But all I really had to do was clear my head. I needed to reassess my priorities and focus fully on what brought me to crafting D’Vaire in the first place. I had to remember why I loved these guys and how important it is for me to escape into their world. I carved out more time for them because I’d allowed life to cut into my imagination space. My joy and passion for writing is back and it's awesome to love my job again!

With the recent release of Triple Affinity, we got to hang out with mages and bears. I hope you enjoyed a step into their world, because the next book takes us back to the Ursus Arctos-Arturus household. One of the unmated bears in Artair’s family has found his mate. His other half is not someone you’ve met yet, but I think he's a pretty awesome hybrid. The twenty-fourth D’Vaire book is scheduled for release at the end of July. More details on that as we get closer. I’m curious to find out which of the bears you think it might be and perhaps a guess about what races his mate is now that you have one more piece of the puzzle! 

The Summoner's Path will soon be in print and that will leave us with just one more back title to put into paperback! No date yet on Becoming D'Vaire yet, but it'll happen this summer. Thanks for continuing to read the D’Vaire books, I appreciate it very much and love that I can continue to bring new stories to you!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This one is a bit short...

Five weeks ago, I sprained my finger and unfortunately, the tears in my collateral ligaments are still healing. I’m back at the orthopedist at the end of the month to check on it and with some luck, I’ll get to stop wearing the straps anchoring it soon. As you can imagine, it’s limiting my time on the computer. But I'm squeezing in as much writing and editing as I can. It was great to finally return to the D’Vaire household with Scales and Stone, and we’ll be there again for the next edition to the series, which is a holiday story. In my Facebook group, I’ll reveal the first hint about what to expect from the D’Vaires and their loved ones tomorrow morning. Although I’d hoped to be finished with a book by now, I’m still plugging away at it. The characters are being patient with me, which I appreciate. Like Scales and Stone, it takes place at the D’Vaire mansion, and it’s been fun to hang out with some of my favorite people. At this point, I’m still paranoid about whether these

Catching up!

It’s been six months since I wrote a blog post. I didn’t intend to stop writing them for so long, but life got in the way. Between struggles with a lack of creativity and some minor medical issues, I’m trying to work my way back to writing daily. But I did finally finish a book!  At the start of the year, I was burned out and wasn’t sure how to get my guys to talk to me again. I’ve mentioned before that I have OCD. I also struggle with depression. This year my doctor and I decided medication was a necessity. It has helped. So has balancing out my other health struggles and my ever-changing role as a spouse to someone with primary progressive multiple sclerosis and Sjogren’s syndrome.  This time of year, I always try to send my editor my dates for the following year. I decided to commit myself to fewer releases in 2024. I’m going to put out five novels and a short story. The biggest change is that they won’t all be D’Vaire books. To find some inspiration, I had to take a huge step back

Twists and turns

Shadowy Illusions was a fun, but emotional project, and I'm thrilled that Amaury was so insistent on telling his story. He definitely deserves a happily ever after, and so do his mates. After spending a few months hanging out with the Gennevioses, I enjoyed them, but I was ready to move on.  I’ve spoken several times now in my Facebook group about how many of the books this year contain characters that came into my head long before the D’Vaire series planted its roots in my brain. I'm not sure why they chose now to demand things, but I was happy to oblige. The next book is the last of those…at least for now, because I have a ton of old stories, and I certainly can’t predict who is going to jump in and request a story next.  Unlike Matebond Dance and Deliciously Enchanted , where the stories paralleled their original tales, the couple coming next barely resemble their foundational characters. Their story has edged its way near the top of the list of books I love most. It featur