Skip to main content

Interviewing Dra'Kaedan

Dra'Kaedan's Coven is finally out and I was able to convince Grand Warlock Dra’Kaedan to sit down and answer a couple of questions about himself. I might have promised treats which I may or may not have delivered after we were finished.

Q - Let’s start with some easy stuff. Describe yourself.

A – You mean like physically? Or did you want to know about my personality? Your question seems kind of vague.

Q – Sorry about that. What do you look like?

A – I’m blond. My eyes are blue—navy actually. It’s the same color of Brogan’s dragon. Not to sound conceited but I would say I’m handsome.

Q – There has been some discrepancy from others regarding your height. How tall are you?

A – I hardly think that’s an important question. I’m the same height as my twin who is five inches over five feet. I don’t care what he says we are exactly the same damn height.

Q – You’re at least two or three inches shorter than your twin, Dre’Kariston.

A – That’s not even a question. It happens to be a total freaking lie.

Q – Let’s move on. What’s your favorite food?

A – Seriously? How does anyone not know my feelings for cake?

Q – What do you consider your strengths?

A – My magic for one. I have a ton of it and I know how to use it if you know what I mean. I like to help people which is why Blodwen and I came up with idea of turning D’Vaire into a sanctuary. I have a real desire to help outcasts and make them understand that there’s nothing wrong with being different.

Q – What would you consider your weaknesses?

A – I have a weakness for cake. Especially when I can have it and Brogan at the same time.

Q – Not really what I meant but we can move on. King Aleksander oversees D’Vaire and sometimes it seems you two are at odds. How would you describe your relationship with Aleksander?

A – This is getting kind of personal. How do I feel about Bigfoot? Look, we may joke around but Aleksander’s an incredible person. He’s not going to read this, right? Okay. Well, he was ostracized for centuries for no damn reason. It could have turned him into someone angry or jaded but none of that happened. He gets up each day trying to help others. We have that in common. Honestly, I love the guy, but I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t give him a hard time.

Q – I know if you were stranded on an island and could only bring one person you’d have your mate Brogan at your side. But what if you could take one more person. Who would it be?

A – I can’t answer that. I don’t know how I would choose between the people in my family. I need all of them and if I were going to an island I would find a way to bring every D’Vaire including our extended family. I mean seriously, I have all this magic. Do you think I’d just go meekly to some island without teleporting the whole gang with me? Please.

Q – Guess I forgot who I was talking to. How big do you think your family will get?

A – The sky is the limit for us. We intend to grow slowly. There will be lessons along the way which will change all of us, but the important thing is we will be stronger for it. I can’t wait.

Q – Thanks so much for today. Anything you’d like to say before we go?

A – Yeah. The people in my life are amazing. Check out their stories. You won’t be disappointed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching up!

It’s been six months since I wrote a blog post. I didn’t intend to stop writing them for so long, but life got in the way. Between struggles with a lack of creativity and some minor medical issues, I’m trying to work my way back to writing daily. But I did finally finish a book!  At the start of the year, I was burned out and wasn’t sure how to get my guys to talk to me again. I’ve mentioned before that I have OCD. I also struggle with depression. This year my doctor and I decided medication was a necessity. It has helped. So has balancing out my other health struggles and my ever-changing role as a spouse to someone with primary progressive multiple sclerosis and Sjogren’s syndrome.  This time of year, I always try to send my editor my dates for the following year. I decided to commit myself to fewer releases in 2024. I’m going to put out five novels and a short story. The biggest change is that they won’t all be D’Vaire books. To find some inspiration, I had to take a huge step back

This one is a bit short...

Five weeks ago, I sprained my finger and unfortunately, the tears in my collateral ligaments are still healing. I’m back at the orthopedist at the end of the month to check on it and with some luck, I’ll get to stop wearing the straps anchoring it soon. As you can imagine, it’s limiting my time on the computer. But I'm squeezing in as much writing and editing as I can. It was great to finally return to the D’Vaire household with Scales and Stone, and we’ll be there again for the next edition to the series, which is a holiday story. In my Facebook group, I’ll reveal the first hint about what to expect from the D’Vaires and their loved ones tomorrow morning. Although I’d hoped to be finished with a book by now, I’m still plugging away at it. The characters are being patient with me, which I appreciate. Like Scales and Stone, it takes place at the D’Vaire mansion, and it’s been fun to hang out with some of my favorite people. At this point, I’m still paranoid about whether these

Twists and turns

Shadowy Illusions was a fun, but emotional project, and I'm thrilled that Amaury was so insistent on telling his story. He definitely deserves a happily ever after, and so do his mates. After spending a few months hanging out with the Gennevioses, I enjoyed them, but I was ready to move on.  I’ve spoken several times now in my Facebook group about how many of the books this year contain characters that came into my head long before the D’Vaire series planted its roots in my brain. I'm not sure why they chose now to demand things, but I was happy to oblige. The next book is the last of those…at least for now, because I have a ton of old stories, and I certainly can’t predict who is going to jump in and request a story next.  Unlike Matebond Dance and Deliciously Enchanted , where the stories paralleled their original tales, the couple coming next barely resemble their foundational characters. Their story has edged its way near the top of the list of books I love most. It featur