Skip to main content

Finding Drexley

I promised to answer any question you asked, and this week I'm tackling Drexley. Let’s start with the basics in case you are new to the series or simply can’t recall all the details. Drexley is a sentinel who is missing. His leader, Lich Sentinel Alaric Daray discovered reams of papers in his office at the now destroyed sentinel compound. With the help of a few of his brethren, they went through each sheet one by one.

Among the information found were lists of all the men under Alaric’s care. When they compared the older ones to the new they realized there were several men who disappeared from later pages. All of those sentinels were tracked down with the exception of Drexley. At that time, the Sentinel Brotherhood was still beholden to their creators, the Order of Necromancia. Once Alaric’s memory was restored (the compound drained all sentinels) he remembered that when Drexley disappeared five hundred or so years before his necromancer was a man named Adney Blackwell.

Arch Lich Chander Daray—Alaric’s mate—was able to tell them that Adney Blackwell was a necromancer who owned a home called Blackwell House. Around the time Drexley went missing, Adney Blackwell reportedly committed suicide after the death of his son. The body was burned in a traditional funeral pyre before anyone could confirm that he did take his life. Adney left his home to his housekeeper, an elf who had to fight the necromancers to keep her home.

A few years have now passed in the series since the mystery of Drexley started. The Sentinel Brotherhood now have jurisdiction over the lands of the rival Consilium Veneficus which is where Blackwell House still stands today. Though the sentinels have scoured not only the area but the entire continent they've found no trace of Drexley. As elite assassins, they are never going to give up the cause to find one of their own, but Alaric and the others aren’t really sure where else to look.

So, what’s the story? Well, I can’t give you as much information as I’m sure you’d like. I do know where Drexley is. I can tell you he’s had a decent life. He has no idea anyone is looking for him. I know exactly who his mate is and when the time is right, they are going to meet. In other words, Drexley is very much on the long list of D’Vaire books to come. It’s not much of a spoiler to tell you that the reason the Sentinel Brotherhood can’t find him is because he’s on a tiny magical realm. Drexley’s not by himself, but I won’t deny that he gets lonely sometimes. His experiences outside of the sentinel compound have been quite unique and I’m looking forward to getting the chance to tell his tale, but we’ve got some terrific books to get through before his time comes.

Speaking of the series, on Saturday Oct. 27 you finally get to see the cover for the next one in the series, Irresistible Indigo and I can’t wait for you to get your hands on Idris and Mac’s story on November 15th!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This one is a bit short...

Five weeks ago, I sprained my finger and unfortunately, the tears in my collateral ligaments are still healing. I’m back at the orthopedist at the end of the month to check on it and with some luck, I’ll get to stop wearing the straps anchoring it soon. As you can imagine, it’s limiting my time on the computer. But I'm squeezing in as much writing and editing as I can. It was great to finally return to the D’Vaire household with Scales and Stone, and we’ll be there again for the next edition to the series, which is a holiday story. In my Facebook group, I’ll reveal the first hint about what to expect from the D’Vaires and their loved ones tomorrow morning. Although I’d hoped to be finished with a book by now, I’m still plugging away at it. The characters are being patient with me, which I appreciate. Like Scales and Stone, it takes place at the D’Vaire mansion, and it’s been fun to hang out with some of my favorite people. At this point, I’m still paranoid about whether these

Catching up!

It’s been six months since I wrote a blog post. I didn’t intend to stop writing them for so long, but life got in the way. Between struggles with a lack of creativity and some minor medical issues, I’m trying to work my way back to writing daily. But I did finally finish a book!  At the start of the year, I was burned out and wasn’t sure how to get my guys to talk to me again. I’ve mentioned before that I have OCD. I also struggle with depression. This year my doctor and I decided medication was a necessity. It has helped. So has balancing out my other health struggles and my ever-changing role as a spouse to someone with primary progressive multiple sclerosis and Sjogren’s syndrome.  This time of year, I always try to send my editor my dates for the following year. I decided to commit myself to fewer releases in 2024. I’m going to put out five novels and a short story. The biggest change is that they won’t all be D’Vaire books. To find some inspiration, I had to take a huge step back

Twists and turns

Shadowy Illusions was a fun, but emotional project, and I'm thrilled that Amaury was so insistent on telling his story. He definitely deserves a happily ever after, and so do his mates. After spending a few months hanging out with the Gennevioses, I enjoyed them, but I was ready to move on.  I’ve spoken several times now in my Facebook group about how many of the books this year contain characters that came into my head long before the D’Vaire series planted its roots in my brain. I'm not sure why they chose now to demand things, but I was happy to oblige. The next book is the last of those…at least for now, because I have a ton of old stories, and I certainly can’t predict who is going to jump in and request a story next.  Unlike Matebond Dance and Deliciously Enchanted , where the stories paralleled their original tales, the couple coming next barely resemble their foundational characters. Their story has edged its way near the top of the list of books I love most. It featur