Skip to main content

A vampire, a dark wizard, and their imperfect playlist...

Seven days ago, I released Delaney and Grigori’s story and I wanted to thank everyone who either bought the book or read it through Kindle Unlimited. It warms my heart to know that after eleven books into this series, you’re still picking them up and hopefully enjoying them. I appreciate your interest in every story and I’m incredibly grateful to have you as readers! ❤

Last time I put together a blog, I was bitching because I couldn’t get my mind to settle and I hadn’t written anything in a while. I can happily tell you that I started the seventeenth book on Monday. One of its main characters you’ve already met since he’s related to and has visited D’Vaire on many occasions. This guy was never on my radar as someone who would get a book. He was simply a secondary voice that was needed for another plot. 

However, one of my wonderful editors Hope wished that he got a happy ending. I hesitated as I was unsure if it would work, but once the idea was settled in my mind, I found a way to make it happen. It’s going to be a tough ride though, I’ve only gotten through a couple of chapters as of writing this and I’ve already cried buckets. Speaking of the lovely Hope, she and her husband were recently in town and I was so happy that my hubby and I were able to meet up with them for an incredible lunch. It’s always great to see friends and get to enjoy their company!

So, I believe I owe you a playlist. Let me give you a little explanation of Jessamyn versus iTunes. So, for some reason technology sees me and runs screaming in the other direction. In the last decade I have fought with new computers and had many of them literally just stop working in an instant. Even the laptop I have now I had to turn off the touchscreen because whenever it’s on it does some bizarre ass shit like closing browsers and maniacally clicking in the corner. I have tried everything to make it stop but it will not. What does this have to do with playlists?

Well, when these stupid computers die without warning, I don’t get a chance to make sure my iPod is synced. When I got the laptop I have now, I dragged my feet for about two years or so until I updated my iTunes and transferred my playlists from my iPod to my computer. I was just pissed off because every time I get everything the way I want it; another damn piece of technology decides to cross the veil where I hope they are being used by really mean ass spirits.

Because of that a lot of the newer books I had to essentially memorize their playlists. Becoming D’Vaire is one of those books that literally came to me in a thunderbolt and was written in about three weeks. So, while I know some of the songs from that time period, others have been lost to the corners of my mind. (With the older stories I already had the playlists, or they were so ingrained in my mind from being around so long that I had them memorized.) The good news is that I do now have everything synced up again, so this is the last book where you’re going to get some short ass and likely incomplete list. Here’s what I remember:

“Happy Together” by The Turtles

“Weird Science” by Oingo Boingo (You know exactly which scene this belongs to if you’ve read it!)

“Thunder” by Imagine Dragons

“The Empire Strikes Back: The Imperial March” by John Williams 😈

“Piano Sonata No. 1 in D Minor, Op. 28: II. Lento” by Sergei Rachmaninoff

“Piano Sonata No. 2 in B Flat Minor, Op. 36: II. Lento – L’istesso Tempo” by Sergei Rachmaninoff

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This one is a bit short...

Five weeks ago, I sprained my finger and unfortunately, the tears in my collateral ligaments are still healing. I’m back at the orthopedist at the end of the month to check on it and with some luck, I’ll get to stop wearing the straps anchoring it soon. As you can imagine, it’s limiting my time on the computer. But I'm squeezing in as much writing and editing as I can. It was great to finally return to the D’Vaire household with Scales and Stone, and we’ll be there again for the next edition to the series, which is a holiday story. In my Facebook group, I’ll reveal the first hint about what to expect from the D’Vaires and their loved ones tomorrow morning. Although I’d hoped to be finished with a book by now, I’m still plugging away at it. The characters are being patient with me, which I appreciate. Like Scales and Stone, it takes place at the D’Vaire mansion, and it’s been fun to hang out with some of my favorite people. At this point, I’m still paranoid about whether these

Catching up!

It’s been six months since I wrote a blog post. I didn’t intend to stop writing them for so long, but life got in the way. Between struggles with a lack of creativity and some minor medical issues, I’m trying to work my way back to writing daily. But I did finally finish a book!  At the start of the year, I was burned out and wasn’t sure how to get my guys to talk to me again. I’ve mentioned before that I have OCD. I also struggle with depression. This year my doctor and I decided medication was a necessity. It has helped. So has balancing out my other health struggles and my ever-changing role as a spouse to someone with primary progressive multiple sclerosis and Sjogren’s syndrome.  This time of year, I always try to send my editor my dates for the following year. I decided to commit myself to fewer releases in 2024. I’m going to put out five novels and a short story. The biggest change is that they won’t all be D’Vaire books. To find some inspiration, I had to take a huge step back

Twists and turns

Shadowy Illusions was a fun, but emotional project, and I'm thrilled that Amaury was so insistent on telling his story. He definitely deserves a happily ever after, and so do his mates. After spending a few months hanging out with the Gennevioses, I enjoyed them, but I was ready to move on.  I’ve spoken several times now in my Facebook group about how many of the books this year contain characters that came into my head long before the D’Vaire series planted its roots in my brain. I'm not sure why they chose now to demand things, but I was happy to oblige. The next book is the last of those…at least for now, because I have a ton of old stories, and I certainly can’t predict who is going to jump in and request a story next.  Unlike Matebond Dance and Deliciously Enchanted , where the stories paralleled their original tales, the couple coming next barely resemble their foundational characters. Their story has edged its way near the top of the list of books I love most. It featur