Skip to main content

My new office


At the end of April, the husband and I drove from our old home in Maryland to a new house outside of Las Vegas. I didn't anticipate how long it would take to put together the office I’ve always wanted but there were some unforeseen circumstances. Mainly I wound up busier than I imagined, and I broke my damn toe six weeks or so ago making it more difficult to get around. It was worth the wait and I'm delighted to share the results with you. I even fell in love with some of the images I made for this blog that I had them made into canvases! And don't ask about the ottoman, my husband is permanently scarred and can't hear the word without cringing.

This is where all upcoming D’Vaire books will come to life and where the new one continues to take shape. The future is perilous for the series to continue to be published but I can’t imagine not writing these guys. They are part of the fabric of who I’ve grown to be and I relish the hours I get to spend in their company.

Last week, I asked for questions or suggestions regarding this blog. I got a few and will do my best to answer them. If you think of anything else you’d like to know, I hope you will share it with me as I’d really like to be able to give you as much insight as I can.


So, let’s start with one! I was asked about what the hell is wrong with Derwin or more accurately what his problem is. You will be happy to know that in 2019, the first book coming to you is called The Summoner’s Path. As the title would suggest, this is Grand Summoner Dre’Kariston D’Vaire’s tale. It would be impossible to give you his story without it also being about his familiar, Derwin. 




The very first chapter will take you back to the year 1367 when Dre’Kariston is left with no choice but to summon Derwin years before he should. They get off to a rocky start and in the book, you will find out if they are able to resolve their issues or not. Those little peeks into the past that so many of the books offer are probably my favorite thing to write. Each one gives you a puzzle piece into not only the characters who will be the focus of the novel but often a little more information into the people in the D’Vaire universe.





As for Dre’Kariston’s mate, he brings some interesting revelations into Court D’Vaire and there are some new players that arrive onto the scene. It was funny writing that book because things happened that not even I could have predicted, and it set up some incredible stuff for the other scheduled release for 2019 titled Becoming D'Vaire. I hope you will continue to take this journey from couple to couple along with me!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching up!

It’s been six months since I wrote a blog post. I didn’t intend to stop writing them for so long, but life got in the way. Between struggles with a lack of creativity and some minor medical issues, I’m trying to work my way back to writing daily. But I did finally finish a book!  At the start of the year, I was burned out and wasn’t sure how to get my guys to talk to me again. I’ve mentioned before that I have OCD. I also struggle with depression. This year my doctor and I decided medication was a necessity. It has helped. So has balancing out my other health struggles and my ever-changing role as a spouse to someone with primary progressive multiple sclerosis and Sjogren’s syndrome.  This time of year, I always try to send my editor my dates for the following year. I decided to commit myself to fewer releases in 2024. I’m going to put out five novels and a short story. The biggest change is that they won’t all be D’Vaire books. To find some inspiration, I had to take a huge step back

This one is a bit short...

Five weeks ago, I sprained my finger and unfortunately, the tears in my collateral ligaments are still healing. I’m back at the orthopedist at the end of the month to check on it and with some luck, I’ll get to stop wearing the straps anchoring it soon. As you can imagine, it’s limiting my time on the computer. But I'm squeezing in as much writing and editing as I can. It was great to finally return to the D’Vaire household with Scales and Stone, and we’ll be there again for the next edition to the series, which is a holiday story. In my Facebook group, I’ll reveal the first hint about what to expect from the D’Vaires and their loved ones tomorrow morning. Although I’d hoped to be finished with a book by now, I’m still plugging away at it. The characters are being patient with me, which I appreciate. Like Scales and Stone, it takes place at the D’Vaire mansion, and it’s been fun to hang out with some of my favorite people. At this point, I’m still paranoid about whether these

Twists and turns

Shadowy Illusions was a fun, but emotional project, and I'm thrilled that Amaury was so insistent on telling his story. He definitely deserves a happily ever after, and so do his mates. After spending a few months hanging out with the Gennevioses, I enjoyed them, but I was ready to move on.  I’ve spoken several times now in my Facebook group about how many of the books this year contain characters that came into my head long before the D’Vaire series planted its roots in my brain. I'm not sure why they chose now to demand things, but I was happy to oblige. The next book is the last of those…at least for now, because I have a ton of old stories, and I certainly can’t predict who is going to jump in and request a story next.  Unlike Matebond Dance and Deliciously Enchanted , where the stories paralleled their original tales, the couple coming next barely resemble their foundational characters. Their story has edged its way near the top of the list of books I love most. It featur