Skip to main content

Some info on the next book and I want your input!

So, what’s next in the D’Vaire series? I have one more book coming out this year. On November 15th, Irresistible Indigo will be released. On my website I have a list of upcoming books but it’s not always obvious who the story will feature. This one is Idris’s book. You first meet Idris as a teenager in Sentinel’s Dagger. He’s led a sheltered life where he’s had to take care of his ailing grandfather who subsequently dies leaving him alone.

There’s a lot of magic inside Idris but he’s never been to school or learned to cast even the most basic of spells. He’s experimented a bit and that’s allowed him to learn some things. However, he was basically a lonely kid who just wanted someone to care about him which made him perfect prey for the always scheming Latarian. She’s not intelligent and her plans are often full of holes, but Idris didn’t hesitate to befriend her. Lazy as hell she’s not one to bother with thinking out details either giving the D’Vaires the ability to catch up with her.

If you’ve read Sentinel’s Dagger, you know that Idris wound up at the best wizard school, so he could reach his potential. He was also a big hit at D’Vaire and bonded with fellow teenage wizard Delaney. So, fast forward a few years (and many books) and we find ourselves at the ninth book, Irresistible Indigo. The story begins with Idris celebrating his twenty-first birthday. He and Delaney have worked hard at their studies and are close to achieving all their goals.

With it no longer necessary to live on campus, Idris is now a full-time D’Vaire. He’s got a family who loves him, and he is dedicated to them as well. It’s a far cry from the kid from nowhere who knew nothing. All he wants to do now is finish his rise to High Arcanist and find his mate. He might be young, but he wants to fall in love.

Idris is such a happy soul that his story was a joy to write. I fell hard for Idris and his mate, Mac. And as I always do, I enjoyed hanging out with all the crazy people at D’Vaire including Idris’s familiar Roger who wound up in quite a few more chapters than I would have predicted. I recently got the cover back from the amazing LJ Anderson of Mayhem Cover Creations and I can’t wait for you to see it next month!

Being able to bring the D’Vaire books to readers is a privilege that I have taken great pleasure in over the last three years. It has always been my hope that there are readers out there who love them as much as I do. If you’ve taken the dive into my world, I want to thank you. You’ve inspired me and pushed me to stay disciplined enough to keep writing all the lovely stories constantly on my mind. The reality is I may not always be able to publish them but it's not because I want to keep them to myself! Being an indie writer is not easy and I am still struggling to find an audience.

As far as this blog is concerned, I fear boring you with the ramblings of my often crazy brain. What I would love is to hear from you guys. Do you have any burning questions about any of the D'Vaires? I might not be able to answer all of them but I will do my best to enlighten you how I can. If you don't have any particular questions, perhaps you have a topic you would find interesting or some content you would really like to see. Feel free to comment on Facebook, send me an email at jessamynkingley@yahoo.com or respond to this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This one is a bit short...

Five weeks ago, I sprained my finger and unfortunately, the tears in my collateral ligaments are still healing. I’m back at the orthopedist at the end of the month to check on it and with some luck, I’ll get to stop wearing the straps anchoring it soon. As you can imagine, it’s limiting my time on the computer. But I'm squeezing in as much writing and editing as I can. It was great to finally return to the D’Vaire household with Scales and Stone, and we’ll be there again for the next edition to the series, which is a holiday story. In my Facebook group, I’ll reveal the first hint about what to expect from the D’Vaires and their loved ones tomorrow morning. Although I’d hoped to be finished with a book by now, I’m still plugging away at it. The characters are being patient with me, which I appreciate. Like Scales and Stone, it takes place at the D’Vaire mansion, and it’s been fun to hang out with some of my favorite people. At this point, I’m still paranoid about whether these

Catching up!

It’s been six months since I wrote a blog post. I didn’t intend to stop writing them for so long, but life got in the way. Between struggles with a lack of creativity and some minor medical issues, I’m trying to work my way back to writing daily. But I did finally finish a book!  At the start of the year, I was burned out and wasn’t sure how to get my guys to talk to me again. I’ve mentioned before that I have OCD. I also struggle with depression. This year my doctor and I decided medication was a necessity. It has helped. So has balancing out my other health struggles and my ever-changing role as a spouse to someone with primary progressive multiple sclerosis and Sjogren’s syndrome.  This time of year, I always try to send my editor my dates for the following year. I decided to commit myself to fewer releases in 2024. I’m going to put out five novels and a short story. The biggest change is that they won’t all be D’Vaire books. To find some inspiration, I had to take a huge step back

Twists and turns

Shadowy Illusions was a fun, but emotional project, and I'm thrilled that Amaury was so insistent on telling his story. He definitely deserves a happily ever after, and so do his mates. After spending a few months hanging out with the Gennevioses, I enjoyed them, but I was ready to move on.  I’ve spoken several times now in my Facebook group about how many of the books this year contain characters that came into my head long before the D’Vaire series planted its roots in my brain. I'm not sure why they chose now to demand things, but I was happy to oblige. The next book is the last of those…at least for now, because I have a ton of old stories, and I certainly can’t predict who is going to jump in and request a story next.  Unlike Matebond Dance and Deliciously Enchanted , where the stories paralleled their original tales, the couple coming next barely resemble their foundational characters. Their story has edged its way near the top of the list of books I love most. It featur