Skip to main content

Indigo's Playlist and D'Vaire news

Irresistible Indigo came out two weeks ago and I hope you’ve had a chance to check Mac and Idris's their story. When I created Idris, he wasn’t supposed to stick around or become a D’Vaire, but sometimes characters decide their own fates. You’ve probably figured out by now that they have a playlist so of course I had to share it. 

Mac and Idris have a short one:

Faster by Within Temptation

My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion

Thunder by Imagine Dragons (Idris shares this song with fellow wizard Delaney, so you’ll see it again when his book finally comes out next year)

My Indigo by My Indigo (This song was released after I finished the book, but it was perfect for them and got me through all my edits)

I’ve been hard at work on the D’Vaire series, so I thought I’d give you an update. I finished the fourteenth (or fifteenth depending on how you count - it's an ongoing fight in my house since my husband counts Dra'Kaedan twice while I do not) book a couple of weeks ago. Neither of the characters are ones you’ve met yet, but you will in No Ordinary Drakeling which is slated for the third release in 2019. Both men have been in my head for a long time and were always planned to be in the series, but it took me awhile to figure out all the aspects of who they are and where exactly they would fit best among the list of books I have planned thus far. It was an exceedingly personal story for me as I tackled a character who has OCD similar to mine. Although it was tough to write it was also therapeutic in many ways.

My book list so epic that I have a rule that I will not add any stories that have two completely new characters until I get finished or close to finished with my spreadsheet. (I'm looking at you Nigel and Anthony. I have no clue where you two came from but you better leave me alone or...or I'll redo my list for like the millionth time but I won't be happy about it!) Also my husband put all sorts of holiday ideas in my head so I'm probably going to whip together a short story for next December if I can get it to work in a way that makes sense once I'm done with my current project.

Now, if someone already in the series springs up with mate in tow then I will (and have) squeezed them in without getting irritated by my lack of self-control. The good news (or bad news depending on your perspective) is that there are have been couples who have already been dropped for one reason or another. Aspects of them either get adopted into another pairing or are on hold until I can figure out why it’s just not working.

Grand Warlock Familiar Renny D’Vaire is one of those characters that’s proving to be a complete pain in my ass. He’s still officially on the list but I think he and his mate have been through about a thousand different reiterations in my head. Figures Dra’Kaedan’s familiar would wind up to be the one character I simply cannot get a story to mesh with his other half.

I’ve started the fifteenth book which is two characters that you’ve either met or heard of along the way. I’m mean so I’m not going to tell you at this point who they are but when you see the title it will be pretty obvious. (No, it’s not Aleksander!) This is one of those stories where I was ready to jump up and down to finally get to write. I have even been dreaming of new plot ideas to enrich the fabric of the outline I’m working from! I’m enjoying it and it’s moving quickly so far. I'm nearly at the halfway point but this is a busy time of year so we'll see if I hit my goal of finishing it by the end of December. I want to wish you, your family, and your friends all the happiest of holiday seasons! ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching up!

It’s been six months since I wrote a blog post. I didn’t intend to stop writing them for so long, but life got in the way. Between struggles with a lack of creativity and some minor medical issues, I’m trying to work my way back to writing daily. But I did finally finish a book!  At the start of the year, I was burned out and wasn’t sure how to get my guys to talk to me again. I’ve mentioned before that I have OCD. I also struggle with depression. This year my doctor and I decided medication was a necessity. It has helped. So has balancing out my other health struggles and my ever-changing role as a spouse to someone with primary progressive multiple sclerosis and Sjogren’s syndrome.  This time of year, I always try to send my editor my dates for the following year. I decided to commit myself to fewer releases in 2024. I’m going to put out five novels and a short story. The biggest change is that they won’t all be D’Vaire books. To find some inspiration, I had to take a huge step back

This one is a bit short...

Five weeks ago, I sprained my finger and unfortunately, the tears in my collateral ligaments are still healing. I’m back at the orthopedist at the end of the month to check on it and with some luck, I’ll get to stop wearing the straps anchoring it soon. As you can imagine, it’s limiting my time on the computer. But I'm squeezing in as much writing and editing as I can. It was great to finally return to the D’Vaire household with Scales and Stone, and we’ll be there again for the next edition to the series, which is a holiday story. In my Facebook group, I’ll reveal the first hint about what to expect from the D’Vaires and their loved ones tomorrow morning. Although I’d hoped to be finished with a book by now, I’m still plugging away at it. The characters are being patient with me, which I appreciate. Like Scales and Stone, it takes place at the D’Vaire mansion, and it’s been fun to hang out with some of my favorite people. At this point, I’m still paranoid about whether these

Twists and turns

Shadowy Illusions was a fun, but emotional project, and I'm thrilled that Amaury was so insistent on telling his story. He definitely deserves a happily ever after, and so do his mates. After spending a few months hanging out with the Gennevioses, I enjoyed them, but I was ready to move on.  I’ve spoken several times now in my Facebook group about how many of the books this year contain characters that came into my head long before the D’Vaire series planted its roots in my brain. I'm not sure why they chose now to demand things, but I was happy to oblige. The next book is the last of those…at least for now, because I have a ton of old stories, and I certainly can’t predict who is going to jump in and request a story next.  Unlike Matebond Dance and Deliciously Enchanted , where the stories paralleled their original tales, the couple coming next barely resemble their foundational characters. Their story has edged its way near the top of the list of books I love most. It featur